#010: Breast Health Awareness with Dr. Ellie Campbell
Updated: Dec 4, 2018
In celebration of Breast Health Awareness Month this October, Dr. Kyrin and Dr. Ellie discuss the facts regarding the use of thermography to detect pre-cancer changes in the breast with this revolutionary modality.
Although mammography screening for detection of early breast cancer is still the standard of care, it is fraught with difficulties that are detailed in this discussion.
Thermography has been used for over three decades to detect physiologic changes that lead to breast cancers and has been proven to allow superior detection of the functional changes that predate the development of breast cancer.
Dr. Ellie Campbell is a leader in educating physicians and laypeople regarding the benefits of thermography, early breast cancer change detection and reversal.
She is a pioneer in holistic and integrative healthcare in the greater Atlanta area and educates clinicians nationwide. She is double-board certified in Family Medicine and Integrative Functional Medicine.
· How to protect yourself from getting the #1 cancer in American women and the number 1 cause of death in women ages 35 to 54
· The pros and cons of available risk assessment tools, including
o Gail Model
· Why mammography is not sensitive and specific enough for early cancer detection
· How the technology of thermography works and why it shows change before mammography
· Simple ways to mitigate your risk of developing breast cancer
· Key factors to consider when choosing a thermography facility
“Gone are the days where you turn over your health to your practitioner, you need to empower yourself and educate yourself about what the guidelines are.” – Dr. Kyrin Dunston
“Just because you don’t see it, it doesn’t mean it’s not there.” – Dr. Kyrin Dunston
“The body wants to heal itself; it just needs the right tools.” – Dr. Kyrin Dunston
“There’s so much that you can do to change the course of your health and you have the power to do it.” – Dr. Ellie Campbell
“It’s no longer survival of the fittest. It’s survival of the best detoxifiers.” –Dr. Ellie Campbell
Key Links Mentioned:
Dr. Ellie Campbell’s website - http://campbellfamilymedicine.com
The Gail Factor Breast Cancer Risk Assessment Tool - https://bcrisktool.cancer.gov/
Phluffing Brochure - http://www.cherylchapman.net/pdf/phluff.pdf
Link to YouTube video: https://youtu.be/uRDoaZ1eh8U